Storage in Enviromental Policy
Merthyr Self Storage Environmental Policy
To reduce our effects on the environment, Merthyr Self Storage aims to maintain the following:
- Light fittings feature high frequency or electronic control gear and use LED or low energy lamps.
- External / security lighting is fitted with ambient light level sensors to ensure it is only activated when dark.
- All company vehicles are diesel powered and are all chosen for their low CO2 outputs.
- All waste paper, used cartons, packing materials and unwanted printing matter are collected and re-cycled.
- We ask all customers, that any used/ unwanted cartons or packaging materials can be returned to us at Merthyr Self Storage so it can be recycled.
- Wooden pallets are collected and sent away for re-use/ re-cycling.
- Any used/ unwanted furniture can be re-cycled through us.
- Used electrical bulbs/ lamps are collected and re-cycled.
- Minimal waste is sent to landfill.
- Packaging boxes and other corrugated packaging materials supplied by Merthyr Self Storage are sourced in environmentally friendly cardboard.
- IT and office equipment is switched off at night when not in use.